Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Thing 1: VoiceThread

Here is a a short VoiceThread that I have created to use with students while they work on their Relocation Guides in Social Studies.  We have used these revision techniques before, so this VoiceThread will work well as a reminder.

The VoiceThread program is a neat one, but I'm not sure how often I will use it.  The item I created is useful for students, but we often don't have access to computers.  In terms of actually creating the piece, it was fairly intuitive and simple.  However, one issue I had was having to upload text.  I couldn't find a simple way to create a "slide" with some words on it.  Instead, I had to convert it to a picture (I used PowerPoint) and then upload the image.  A slide functionality would help with the over all creation.  I can see myself using this if I really plan it out and my students have consistent computer access.  Otherwise, I can't see it being overly functional for me.  A flipped-classroom approach could make this tool more useable.

No comments:

Post a Comment