Monday, February 24, 2014

The Introduction

This blog will serve as an organizational tool for the course 11 Things on a Jeepney.  My name is Jeff Phillips, and I am an English and Social Studies teacher in Grade Six at International School Manila.  My wife and I moved here at the beginning of the school year, and we are both very excited to be here.  We haven't traveled extensively yet, but one of our favorite places has to be Legaspi Sunday Market.

I have always had an interest in technology, and since I became a teacher I have looked for ways to integrate tech tools into what I teach.  The most difficult part about integrating technology into the classroom is keeping up with what's new.  From Class Dojo and Edmodo to Explain Everything and Pages, I have tried to incorporate many tools to help students interact with their learning in a way they understand.


1 comment:

  1. Jeff, we love Legazpi Market! We go there a few Sundays a month. I love the Mediterranean place with the chicken kebabs, pita, hummus etc. It's so true that technology changes fast, which makes is really fun but also infuriating! I was looking at the program I created a few years ago and had to laugh at some of the things that are totally obsolete now but were cutting edge in 2009! Thanks for joining the program.

    ReplyDelete