Monday, July 21, 2014

Thing 7: Infographics





I had a good time making the inforgraphic on Infogr.am.  I think that the site is incredibly easy to use and visually appealing.  I was able to play around with it, and I never once felt that I didn't know how to do something.  I had it crash on me, but the site automatically saves what you do so I didn't lose any of my work.  Learning to read infographics is an important skill, and it is one that we are trying to teach in Grade 6.  I think that a greater focus on how to access the information contained behind to beautiful visuals found in most infographics is an important skill for young students to learn.  I would like to use this program to get the kids actually making their own infographics too, as I think making them will give the kids insight into how to read the content to understand the purpose.   Very useful website!


1 comment:

  1. Jeff, I'm glad you had a positive experience with Infogr.am! Infographics seem like they would be such an excellent resources both for teachers trying to explain concepts, etc. to students as well as a way for students to demonstrate their understanding. If you have your students make infographics this year, or if you make any to share with them, would you consider sharing with me as well? I would love to see more examples.

    ReplyDelete