Monday, July 28, 2014

Thing 8: Digital Storytelling

I have toyed around with digital stories before, but never in any great detail.  I think that students could get a lot out of a project that lets them create digital stories.  The biggest problem is access to technology that allows them to create these sorts of projects.  However, our students will usually have the access required.  I can see using this type of activity in a few ways over the course of the next school year.  We have several assignments in Grade 6 where we encourage students to complete them in more non-traditional ways (ways other than slideshows).  I could see showing students examples of these digital stories to help them think outside of the box.  I don't imagine doing this sort of thing consistently in my personal life, as I don't really see a purpose there.  At any rate, it was/is a neat project.

Here is my example:

1 comment:

  1. What an absolutely beautiful tribute to your family! I admit, it made me a little misty. Such is the power of combining music, text, images and video, I guess-- they become greater than the sum of their parts! Thanks so much for sharing. This is also something I would love to see students examples of, if you do end up having students create digital stories.

    ReplyDelete